HIKING SAFELY DURING COVID-19
Updated April 1, 2021
To keep yourself and others safe and healthy, please follow these guidelines:
- Do not join hikes outside your municipality/region.
- Hike leaders will collect emergency contact before starting the hike.
- Stay home if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if you are unwell.
- Group hikes are currently restricted to 5 people to permit social distancing, even if regional guidelines allow larger public gatherings.
- Carpool to group hikes only with people in your bubble.
- Practice Physical Distancing. Keep 2 metres apart from anyone not in your bubble. Move aside to allow others to pass.
- Masks are not required on hikes except when you cannot maintain a 2 metre distance.
- Do not expect public washrooms to be open.
- Hikers should carry their own basic first aid materials, such as bandaids, tick removers, etc.
Above all – enjoy yourselves. We are lucky to be able to go out and hike safely!