GRCA is requesting that you communicate the following messages out to your members and networks while stressing the seriousness of the situation.
- On Saturday May 21, 2022 a massive storm system caused significant damage to the Ganaraska Forest and its entire trail network (West Central and East Forests are all effected).
- The current situation in the Ganaraska Forest is very serious and extremely dangerous.
- The GRCA and Police are strictly enforcing the closure of the Ganaraska Forest and NO ACCESS is being granted until furture notice
- The Ganaraska Forest is extremely dangerous with hazard trees and significant blockages throughout the entire trail network of the Ganaraska Forest (West, Central and East Forests).
- Please respect any form of barriers and signage that is blocking access and DO NOT cross these barriers.
- All Special Events are cancelled for the foreseeable future. No new applications will be accepted.
- Updates will be provided through the Ganaraska Conservation Facebook page, www.grca.on.ca and www.ganaraskaforestcentre.ca.
- Staff are currently assessing the entire Ganaraska Forest trail network and Trail clearing work is underway.
- As assessment and trail clearing continues, recovery plans are being created.
- Thank you for your support, and patience during this trying time.
Ed Van Osch
Forest Recreation Technician, Provincial Offences Officer
Ganaraska Forest Centre
RR1 Campbellcroft, Ontario
905-885-8173 ext. 325